Sure Thing Toys - Social Media Marketing (East Rutherford, NJ)
Prospective candidates should email a resume to email@example.com, and put the job title in the in the Subject field.
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Are you looking for a fun and engaging work environment? Are you interested in toys and collectibles?
Sure Thing Toys is a small but rapidly growing online toy retailer. We stock thousands of products from all major and independent toy companies worldwide. In our segment, we are one of the Top 30 retailers in North America.
We've managed explosive growth over the last few years without the benefit of leveraging social media or any major advertising spend.
This social media marketing position is a new role within our company, and applicant will help us define the position from the ground up through their strengths and previous experience. We hope to increase our social media reach, better target our existing customer base, and create daily new content to keep customers engaged.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, sales etc) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Manage inbound contacts on social media channels and work with customer service to ensure their needs are served
- Knowledge of pop, geek and nerd culture is a must! Anime, Marvel, DC and whatever else is hot at the moment. (Candidate most likely attends Comic-Con every year!)
- Working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Ability to self-motivate and keep yourself on task
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Fluency in English
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Rutherford, NJ 07073: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location